2022 Poster Contest Guidelines
Submission Deadline Extended: April 30, 2022
Fall for the Book is an independent non-profit literary arts organization that promotes reading by sponsoring a variety of year-round events and activities, the flagship of which is the Fall for the Book festival. Thousands of readers will celebrate Fall for the Book this October 11-15, 2022, and we want your artwork to help us promote this special, free event.
The festival is seeking a full-color poster that celebrates the interaction between readers and writers, and calls people’s attention to the festival’s name, logo, and our October dates. We’re looking for eye-catching designs, so don’t be afraid to be bold and dynamic. Try something new.
The poster will be printed in the summer and distributed throughout the capital region, and will appear as the cover of the printed program and all digital marketing materials. For the program, we place 4-5 author photos on the cover (i.e. on your design), so please leave some space where photos might fit. Entries will be judged by the festival staff. Entries should be submitted as high resolution electronic files .
The winning designer receives a $500 prize.
The design must include:
- The Fall for the Book logo (with or without the book she’s holding)
- The festival dates: October 11-15, 2022
- “In-Person & Online”
- The Website: fallforthebook.org
Though Fall for the Book does not have a yearly theme, you may want to also highlight the tagline “Read On” if not already visible on the logo.
Suggestions for your design: Fall for the Book offers a writer for every reader, covering a variety of topics and genres. Experiment and have fun with your designs. We get excited about connections between readers, books, and the world. We encourage you to keep in mind that this festival is for a broad spectrum of readers, including adults and children. Please do not submit Halloween-themed entries or designs that are best suited for children’s festivals. You can find out more about the festival by exploring the festival website.
- Email your submission to Marketing Director, Kate Lewis at kate[@]fallforthebook.org by April 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
- DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY – as .png or .pdf – attach as a file (or zip file) no larger than 50MB or share larger files using Dropbox or WeTransfer (or a similar program). Files shared using GoogleDrive will not be accepted.
- Artwork can be vertical or horizontal, but must be 300 dpi and high enough resolution to be printed at up to 11” x 17 “ without pixelation.
- While collaborations are welcome, collaborators must split the prize money.
- Artists may submit multiple posters. You may send all your posters in one email or zip file.
- The winning entry becomes the property of Fall for the Book and may be used for any commercial purpose.
- If selected, the winner agrees to allow Fall for the Book to use their names and photographs for promotional and publicity purposes.
- Finalists may be asked for additional materials including all poster files.
- Fall for the Book reserves the right to alter the final poster design or to reject all submissions. The winner may also be asked to make changes to the design.
- International submissions are accepted.
Download Our Logo
On the left is the logo you should incorporate into your design. You may use the entire design, or crop it so it stops right below her glasses. If you crop out the book, be sure to include “Read On” somewhere else in your design.
To save this logo, right click on the image and select “Save Image As.”